Assam Chief Minister says six people attempting to enter India through South Salmara district were detected and stopped
Guwahati (Economy India): Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said six people allegedly attempting to enter India through the state’s South Salmara district were detected and prevented from entering the country.
According to Sarma, the six individuals were stopped on Friday night.
The Chief Minister made the statement in a post on social media platform X on Saturday night, saying that authorities had detected the alleged illegal entrants and prevented them from crossing into India.
“Six illegal infiltrators were detected and prevented from entering India. Assam is alert. Illegal entry will be detected and stopped,” Sarma said in his post.
Images Shared on Social Media
Sarma also shared photographs of the alleged entrants in his social media post. The faces of the individuals in the photographs were covered.
The Chief Minister’s statement comes amid continued efforts by Assam authorities to monitor and prevent alleged illegal cross-border entry into the state.

Assam Government Emphasises Vigilance
Sarma said Assam remains alert against attempts at illegal entry and that such movements would be identified and stopped.
The South Salmara district, located in western Assam, shares proximity to the international border with Bangladesh and has previously remained an area of focus for border-security and law-enforcement authorities.
The latest incident highlights the continued attention being given to border management and preventing unauthorised entry into the state.
Authorities Continue Monitoring Border Areas
The Assam government has repeatedly stressed the importance of strengthening surveillance along vulnerable stretches of the state’s international border.
According to the Chief Minister’s latest statement, the six individuals were detected before they could enter India through the South Salmara route.
Further details regarding the identities and nationality of the individuals were not provided in the statement.
The incident is likely to add to the ongoing debate over border security, illegal immigration and surveillance along India’s northeastern frontier.
(Economy India)
